Saturday, April 2, 2011

Laughing Kookaburras

Attracted by the name Laughing Kookaburra was on the top of my list of the birds that I wanted to capture a photo in Australia. Since many birders' web pages indicated that Kookaburras are seen in and around Melbourne, I was looking for atleast a glance of the bird every time ventured out with my camera (indeed camera is always with me wherever I go).

During a short visit to Philip Island I was walking around looking upwards - as usual (well, very often I face troubles due to this habit). And, came the luckiest moment: instead of a glance of a single bird hiding behind leaves/bushes/etc, I saw this pair perched on the branch of a dead tree without any obstructions, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Even though the position of the sun was not in my favour, I did not want to waste or loose opportunity by moving around. Swiftly set the camera on continuous fire mode and clicked this shot and some more.
Then, I slowly moved to another position to get a better view, alas, by the time these fellows found something interesting at a distance and flew away.

No comments:

Post a Comment